Tuesday 24 April 2012

Media As Coursework Evaluation Question 6

How did you attract/address your audience?

In order to really determine and identify my target audiences needs and desires in a music magazine I created a target audience poll. This poll enabled me to get a detailed look into crucial features In which I needed to include into my coursework, which acted as a foundation and guideline on how to appeal to my audience.
I asked my audience ‘which is you primary source of social networking’ my results showed that the two most popular networks were Facebook and Twitter. From my results I decided to include information into the Facebook and Twitter page of magazine, I included this into my contents page therefore my audience will be able to socially network with my magazine creating an increased bond with my audience.
 I asked my target audience which their favorite feature is and from my results interviews were the most popular so that is what I based my double page spread on.
I also asked what is the most eye catching and favorite prominent thing on a front cover and the most popular vote was the main image so I decided to highlight this to best possible way I could.  Therefore I decided to make my main image the actual background for the front cover and also decided to captivate this eye catching feature by having a eye catching and unique background in order to stand out as a front cover.


My muse en scene also played a big part in attracting my audience. My background complimented the theme of magazine in an urban environment; it also complimented the name and theme of my magazine with use of a train station platform as my background. The costume used in my photos also apply to my audience since my model is wearing casual/street attire which many of my audience consume as well as the style of the genre of music in which my magazine focuses on.



No comments:

Post a Comment