Tuesday 24 April 2012

Media As Coursework Evaluation Question 5

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

Throughout the course of this unit I feel my technology skills have improved immensely and I feel this is particularly proved with a comparison from my preliminary task to my final drafts and final coursework pieces. The prominent programme in which I used the unit was Photoshop. This was my first time using Photoshop so this meant I had to learn very fats the ins and outs of this programme and I feel my skills with Photoshop has improved vigorously in such a short period of time. I decided to use Photoshop because it gives my coursework a high quality and very professional look, due to the varied range of tools and edits you can make to any picture as well as building a magazine. A key illustration of the skills I used was editing photos and manipulating and editing text to suit my magazine.
I managed to learn skills and improve my skills in a number of effective ways. Firstly I watched and learned many tutorials supplied to us through my school. These tutorials, made by a media teacher, showed me the very basics of Photoshop which as a beginner I found entirely useful and also gave a step by step guide on how to achieve certain desired effects. I found these particular useful since we could pause, stop and rewind the lessons rather than constantly asking my media teacher, and it was also helpful since it gave us a visual lesson as they were working through the programme. I also got assistance from my class mates, as some of them had more experience and skill in the program by doing media at GCSE level and allowing me to improve along with them to A Level standards.
I also learnt how to take pictures much more effectively with no photography experience I found this particularly easy since my school supplied us with high quality cameras which gave useful and effective photos in a very high quality. By looking at online examples of music magazines and trough mine and my peers own initiative I was able to come up with a suitable and effective setting for photos to compliment the style and theme of my magazine through looking at pictures over the internet and getting some of my own ideas, I was able to find a desired location for each of my pictures to be taken. Many of the pictures in addition were taken in front of a green screen. This allowed for me to add any colour background that I desired, due to the cutting out of images being much easier and much more detailed. With the help of tutorials and peers I also learned very quickly how to edit my photos to a standard in which I desired. I found this help particularly useful since I had no previous experience with editing and now I feel very confident in this field.
These forms of technological skills made the creation of my magazine much more effective, professional and produced to a high standard.  Through the use of Photoshop and online editing software’s, I managed to add several effects and processes which allowed me to complete my magazine to a high standard.  The addition of high quality image-capturing made possible to high quality cameras and editing also added to my final coursework making It a high quality sense of professionalism of my magazine.


Media Evaluation Presentation Question 5

No comments:

Post a Comment