Tuesday 24 April 2012

Media As Coursework Evaluation Question 2

Q2) How does your media product represent particular social groups?

Amongst production and substance of my magazine I felt the most important aspect of my product was to represent and appeal to a particular social group and audience. During pre-production and production of my magazine I felt it was essential to establish and account for a particular social group, in order to attract a particular audience and to maintain a theme and style of my magazine, which will intern give it a great level of substance.

This social group in which I intended to establish and appeal to were teenagers and young adults who were keen passionate music fans, with interest in the genres of Hip-hop, Grime, Dubstep, Funkyhouse and R’n’B. Although I have chosen various genres I feel that the all coincide and complement each other due to them all fitting into an urban style.

I believe my magazine has successfully accomplished this by attaining the appropriate style in the genres of music and urban theme. From looking at my front cover it instantly highlights the urban theme due to muse en scene of my main image showing urban scenery, and also having the setting of a train station coincides with the name of my magazine ‘Underground’. My front cover also represents my social group, through the use of my models outfit, which consisted of many urban fashion trends and colours which apply to the fashion and style of my genres The outfit also implies and highlights the age of my readers since the clothes were fairly youthful, which hints at the target age of my social group. The way in which my model wears the clothes is also significant, with the hood up helps covey the theme and idea of rebels or even a less formal style of music and social group.

In terms of my colour scheme used I feel it complements the genre and social group of my magazine since I used a variation of dark colours rather than bright and cheerful colours since I feel it fits in with the urban and underground theme and genre, I also chose colours which go together and do not clash in order to attract my social groups eye instead of confusing them visually.



No comments:

Post a Comment